Thursday, April 12, 2012

Frenchglen, Oregon via Baker City

During spring break I was hired to teach some students from the University of Oregon on how to do window assessments. The Frenchglen Hotel was selected as the setting for the assessment.  This hotel will be the location this year for the Pacific Northwest Field School.
Before going to Frenchglen I made my way to Baker City for a quick visit to my parents.



After getting to Baker City I was treated to a spectacular sunset.  I have put some more pictures of my time in my hometown on the right side bar.  Check it out,  it is a great place to visit.  Lots of great buildings.



After 3 days with my parents I made my way south through Prairie City and John Day.  I finally hit some snow storms.  I was pretty lucky though with the weather.  I met up with the students in Burns were we had a quick dinner and then onto the Malheur Wildlife Refuge were we stayed in some plush accommodations provided by US Fish and Wildlife.



The next day our first visit was to the Peter French Sod House.   The ice house was particularly spectacular.  I will post more pictures of my visit and of the hotel itself at a later date.  



Ice house front door



The weather and terrain were very wild and extreme.  


The day I left I finally saw clear skies.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty and inspiring pictures of Oregon and carpentry. This state holds vast reserves of temperate forest.

home remodeling oc

Sheran said...

Traditional pass thru windows are nowadays replaced by modern frameless windows. These windows are available in DK Hardware shop and only applicable for interior use. The frameless pattern makes the entire place modern appearance. The DK Hardware shop is offering pass thru windows for sale.